Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Growing and Maturing in Christ



As faithful believers in Christ and watchmen during this 11th hour, we will need to innerstand how the enemy works in order to not get entangled in the game and road to destruction.

When I really started reading and studying the Most High’s Word I have been surrounding myself, rather physically or electronically, with people who share the same interests and those who I can learn spiritually from.

You will notice that as you get closer in your walk with the Most High that your interests, likes and dislikes will change. The types of shows you watch, if any, will soon change as well. I used to be an avid watcher of Reality TV and approximately three years ago I was watching an episode where these women were arguing, hollering and screaming and about ready to fight and I thought, what is my interest in watching these women argue every week? What is going on in my life where I need this type of entertainment? At that very moment I changed the channel and I never watched that show again or any other show in that fashion.

Today, I barely watch television and there are some days where the television never comes on. I have now chosen to guard what vision I receive from the tell-a-vision, but as watchmen thank goodness for alternative media and the Newspaper.

As a result, I am much calmer, less judgmental, have less anxiety attacks and I am much healthier. I know that this is the Father working through me to get me to a point where I overcome this world, the seven deadly sins and more. I know that it is the Father getting me prepared for His kingdom and the wilderness before the kingdom.

I can either fight what He is doing or accept it. I can be stiffnecked or thankful that He is working all the debris, cares and lusts of this world out of the old me and replacing it with life in the new me day by day. And today, I have chosen the later to be thankful and gracious that the Father is molding me and shaping me for His kingdom to come. Ephesians 4:17-32

The Enemy at Work

As we get closer to our walk with the Father the harder the enemy is at work. I have had conversations with some who say, “The more they try to walk the narrow path, the more adversity they run into.” I couldn’t agree with them more. This is only a test. Remember Job and how much adversity he faced? We must endure to the end. Our Father doesn’t tempt us with evil but always provides a way out for His children. No matter who it may come through.

One of my uncles said, “If people would allow me talk to them for about three minutes or five minutes tops, they would hear from me more and I would call them more.”

The funniest aspect about that statement is: If I call my uncle right now and ask him about the Gospel of Grace Doctrine we’ll be on the phone for two or more hours…seriously. During this walk you’re no longer a Christian or Israelite studying or simply reading the Bible it becomes a way of life for you and meaningless conversation becomes less and less of a priority.

We read in the scriptures how Christ was always about His Father’s business as we read in Luke 2:49, “And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business.’

And as quiet as it is kept Christ didn’t even have time for His mother and brother when they came to see him. Mark 4:32-35, “And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. And he (Christ) answered, them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren? And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.”

What we have done in this world is if someone has made some bad decisions or are having a hard time and are about the Father’s business we want to through them to the curve; however, if someone isn’t about the Father’s business and does right, according to the world’s way, we keep them close. We have gone backwards in our thought process and all will be judged accordingly.

For we know in scripture that those who help the Father’s children hold a big reward in the kingdom. And enemies of the Father’s children are enemies with the Father. So we need to read what the scriptures say and not what the world says. This world is going to end and will not and can not save your soul only Christ can do that. Don’t look for worldly advice look for your answers within the scriptures.

A lot of so-called “good” people are going to find themselves on the wrong side on the gulf when the Gentiles rule comes to an end. Until that time comes, and it will, we need to be acting according to the Most High’s laws and commandments.

In the meantime, the enemy is at work. One major aspect about the enemy is: he works through others to get to you. The most important responsibility for a faithful believer to have is to recognize when the enemy as entered, either the room, or your conversation with others.

The Most High has given us spiritual discernment in order for us to recognize good intentions from evil intentions.

Luke 22:1-3, “Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover. And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people. Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.”

Luke 22:31 reads, “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.”

Christ knew that the spirit of Satan had entered the room because Satan works through others. Neither Judas nor Peter was Satan rather the spirit of Satan was working through them in order to get to Christ.

Satan can do anything expect raise a person from the dead. The enemy knows everything there is to know about you. The enemy knows all of your shortcomings, what gets underneath your skin, and what temptations you have within. For example, if lust is one of your temptations, it is not so farfetched for the enemy’s spirit to dwell for a time in the most enticing man or woman in your immediate space whether married or unmarried. It is up to us to know when the spirit of Satan has entered our space.  

Have you ever been deeply involved in Biblical studies or reading or meditating on our Father’s Word and all of a sudden the phone will ring? Rather you begin at 9 am or 9 pm the phone will ring. You can go all day long doing other tasks but as soon as you get into the Word of our Father there’s an interruption.

I’m sure most of you have certain situations that you can recall. But if it’s something that happens regularly then it’s time to put our spiritual eyes on and call it what it is. If the occurrence leads to an entire mood change than what it was prior to you partaking in the event then this is an area that you need to overcome with your spiritual eyes wide open.

Now, no one wants to think that the spirit of Satan has entered them. Most individuals are too vain to even accept the idea. However, we know through scripture that this does indeed occur. It doesn’t mean that they are possessed it just means the love of the Father and the love of you is not in them at that particular time.

I have gotten to the point where there are certain individuals that I will not answer the phone for if I am in the Father’s Word. Because I know that my mood will change and I may be caught up in their affairs of the day. It doesn’t mean that you no longer love them it just means that your path is not their path so adjustments must be made.

Oftentimes, when we are walking in this Way of Christ, we try to please everyone and accept everyone, but this only works for a while a very short while. We must recognize these occurrences so that we can understand when the enemy is trying to get us off course. Remember, that is the enemy’s job—to steal, (steal our time) kill, (kill our joy) and destroy, (our relationship with the Most High).

Once we grasp those three things completely we can then recognize when the spirit of Satan has come into our space; thus, we can act accordingly. We can choose to know longer engage in the company or choose when to engage. We can choose how much time to spend and how we spend it with others.

Our relationship with the Father is not centered on others relationship with us or themselves; rather their relationship with us is centered on our relationship with the Father. In other words, we shouldn’t hinder our relationship with the Father to fit the needs of others.

I know this may be hard for some of you but for those who are serious about their relationship with the Father you can receive this message. When you find yourselves in situations where you are tested remember to use discernment and stand on the Word. The spirit of Satan can’t dwell in a person who is constantly in the Word…there is no place for the enemy where the Word resides.

You may have to call it what it is, “Satan is at work here.” However, once you make that statement the other person will get on defense mode and say something is wrong with you. This will immediately let you know who is at work. They may think their intentions are good; however, if the mood has changed love is not dwelling in your conversation at that time.
At that point you may want to end your conversation or visit and refresh it at a latter time. And this should be okay. Honestly, your conversations will be shorter and shorter because now you’re at a point where you rarely watch television or attempt to catch the latest sale and you aren’t running behind the political system or worldly lusts.  

Right now you are looking for uplifting conversations that will help you overcome the world and draw closer to Christ. What amazes me is most think being a true follower of Christ is boring; however, I have found it to be peaceful, non burdensome, joyful and relaxing. Actually, being of the world was more of a headache and rat-race going nowhere fast. I choose Christ any day of the week.

John 15:19, “If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.”

Thank you Yeshua for choosing me!!!

No comments: