Monday, August 27, 2012

My Humble Jewel: A Dedication for Trayvon Martin's Mom



“We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the LORD.” II Corinthians 5:8




Oh my precious flower, for I have watched you bloom
I have seen your smile and charming laughter brighten up a room

Good morning my loving sunshine, your eyes are sparkling bright
Although your spirit may be gone
Your glorious legend is still here
Family and friends will miss you so
They’ll hold your name extremely dear

Good afternoon my golden treasure, you have enlightened my very day
Bringing joy throughout the world and to all that come your way
Your warm hugs and gentle kisses will never fade away
You’ll forever be a light to the world in a very unique and special way

Good night my little angel, your heavenly Father draws you near
Your spirit is filled with joy and love, in Him there’s nothing to fear
For to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD
Yes! Oh, yes! My son is with the LORD!

Oh departed soul, the apple of my eye, you have flown away so very high
If I could reach my hands above stretching toward the sky
I’d grab you tight with all my might and never let you go
But now you’re with our Father above
He’s showering you with everlasting love

Oh my delicate rose, until we meet face to face
I’ll hold your love in a special place
Rejoicing upon the streets of gold
In happiness always, we’ll never grow old

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has gathered you unto his wings
As the angels rejoice, and David worships, the saints beautifully sing




While the Spirit of the LORD shines deeply within my heart
I have always loved you from the very start
I love you now and I always will, forever and today

For to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD
Yes! Oh, yes! My son is with the LORD!
My humble jewel is resting above filled with the warmth of Yeshua’s love

A Special Dedication to Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin
Written by T. Nicole Rubio on March 29, 2012

No comments: